Saturday, June 18, 2011
Mindful Eating Diary - Day 1
To Chew
What is it anyway?
It looks to me that food comes in and goes out
Without attention to what food is at all
Where it comes from, what it’s made from and so on
As a young girl, I grew up and nobody taught me how to live a good life
How to live a healthy life and the basic things like how to chew my food
When I was travelling in Thailand, I remember I was looking at the people
How slowly they ate, how they appreciated every grain of rice
How these grains made them happy
And me, I do appreciate life, I do appreciate food, human beings, happiness and all kind of moments
But it looks to me that I forgot what my body is and what my body really needs
What is the damage that I do to my body when I eat without thinking
I go on a new journey and I am going to tell you more about it very soon…....
"When we eat, we should eat" ~ To Taste the universe. (Thich Nhat Hanh)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Perfect my dear, perfect!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Chewing is something I still struggle with. I eat leaps and bounds better than I used to in terms of the kind of food I eat, but I want to improve the mindfulness with which I eat it.
ReplyDeleteI will chew with you Missy.
Thats Great Idea Dear Spyros! I know u know how i feel and thats amazing <3
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Edward my love <3
ReplyDelete