Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I did not say




What I did not say
And I should have told you,
At that moment
When the heart was crying
Filled with the debris
You caused.

What I did not say
And what I wanted to say,
Many words flittered in my head
When you fled like a rat,
Back, to your comforting sewer.

But now …
It is so far
Away from me
As if you were never even a part of me,
Like it was a bad movie plot,
And I … I was only a character
In the movie that you produced.

What I did not say
To you
Will remain in the past
Forever.
Whilst I will stay with my happiness forever.

_________________________________________________________
This stunning image taking By my great friend and beautiful Artist  Carmen_Michele

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this poem immensely. Love the first two lines in the second stanza. I love the way they read together and the subtle nuaunce in the syntax. It was great getting time to read your work. You'll see my comments on other of your poems in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most excellent. i really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete