Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mindful Eating Diary - Day 2


I woke up to a new day, trying to work on my old habit.
I found that if I prepare my day and what I’m going to eat,
Things will be much easier for me.

It was an interesting experience to think before I eat, to look at the food
And to chew it slowly, slowly.
I feel like I didn’t know until today what the taste of the pasta is, what is the taste of tomato,
And I discover that miracles can happen in my mouth whilst I chew.
So much flavor, so much colors, so much taste, like the whole universe.
Day 2 was a great success for me and I feel it’s a great start in my new journey.

“There is nothing else filling your mind as you chew – no projects, no worries, no “to-do” list, no sorrow, no fears, no anger, no past and no future. There is just the apple”. (Thich Nhat Hanh)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, sometimes we forget to notice the world around us with all our senses, that awareness must be cultivated. Thank you for that

    ReplyDelete