Friday, June 24, 2011
Mindful Eating Diary - Day 6 & 7
It’s Friday today and I weighed myself. I lost almost 2 kilos and I am not even on a diet. I started to do simple things like chewing my food, eating slowly, being focussed and eating healthy food. My body loves it and I feel great.
I discovered that when I am under pressure or something is going bad with my day, I eat my food faster. However, this time I stopped and I began to think about it. I know that yesterday I ate my food faster than has been normal this week, but this time, I was aware that I did it. This is a big step for me.
I have a memory from childhood where I secretly slipped food away and ate when and where nobody was looking. It reminds me of a cat snatching food from the street and scared that someone will see her.
I don’t believe that I have shared my biggest fears that I’ve had since childhood, here in my blog, with the whole universe. But I know, that I have changed and that it’s normal and that it’s better to tell the truth and not to lie to myself.
A slow eater enjoys food much better than a fast eater. It is clear to me now.
It is a week into my new journey and it is going great. I am in focus, I love it and I know it is just the beginning.
By the way, I feel beautiful!
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future."
— Thich Nhat Hanh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And you are beautiful too ... we all need new beginnings once in a while, and this can only be good in terms of your emotional and spiritual development - I wish you much love and happiness on your new journey. xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much my dear VV <3
ReplyDelete