Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mindful Eating Diary - Day 4



Day Four

I am not trying to make it difficult I’m just trying to flow with it. I understand that I am part of a process, my life process. Maybe you ask yourself what can be so hard about eating well, to chew my food and to live a healthy life.

So let me tell you, it is very hard!

The normal mind says we live in this universe, we should feed ourselves with healthy food and we need to take care of ourselves and feel good. I am the part of the normal mind.

I grew up in a loving Moroccan family, such a loving family that we loved through our food. It’s was all about food and family, So yes, my parents forgot to give me the “book of life” but they did give me great advice and made me who I am today. Kindness is a big part of who we are. I don’t have any tools for my new journey, just my mind and the amazing support from the man who lives with me.

Morning meditation was great, I started today and I will keep on doing this each day. There were parts of the day during my lunch when I felt I was in a war with my food, which wanted to go down very fast before it was ready. I am more and more in peace with my new journey. I even felt for one moment like a leaf.


"Life is available only in the present moment."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment