Today, I took you
To the local Italian restaurant,
The place I was sitting for years
Alone,
Just me and the book in my hand.
From the sharp taste of the pasta sauce
To the semi-dry white wine
In the sea of pages, I was lost.
Tonight in the restaurant,
I didn’t need to flee into the pages of the book,
I just looked at you,
Everything is so real.
You, I,
With so much love
As you cleaned my lips of the pasta sauce,
I thought how great your smile was
In the local Italian restaurant.
I am happy to see that you have found your love.
ReplyDeleteGreat poem and image. I like the color in both. The moment where he cleans your lips of the pasta sauce is charming. Looking forward to reading more of your work : )))
ReplyDeleteThank you Tamara x
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely missypoem! Savour the joy being with the one you love- a poem is one way to do that. Benjamin.
ReplyDeleteThis line shot straight through my heart "In the sea of pages, I was lost." A stroke of beauty. I love reading your work.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much emme and Benjamin...very kind <3
ReplyDelete